Saving Obsession files to earlier versions

Howdy gang,

In the middle of a co-pro with another theatre.  I have Obsession 5.1 and they have 4.???  We would like to find a way to send my show file to them.  I can read their files (I have th newer version), but they can not read mine.  Is there a way to save an Obsession file as an earlier version?

Apparently this is not as simple as a software upgrade for them. They have been told it will take a slight lobotomy (my words) of their processor for them to upgrade to v.5.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

dave B.

Parents
  • Dave, I apologize for making a commercial post, but I feel very confident that my information is correct.  The only way to down-convert from 5.1 to 4.x.x is to hire someone like me to use his own after-market software to convert the 5.1 show to ASCII and then send you a 4.4.2 version of the ASCII file.  I have been asked to do this before.  Sorry.  http://secondcut.home.att.net/

[edited by: tbuchman at 5:53 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 21 2008] Tags added
  • Good Morning,

No need to apologize. I was confident this was the case, but you never really know until you ask.  The receiving theatre has already spent the time doing the input by hand.  My friends on the Stagecraft mailing list all said the same thing.

I certainly will keep the link to your website handy as there are planned co-pro's with this theatre planned for future seasons.  If their Production Manager does not want to spring for the proper upgrades to their system, he will have to have your fee available in their budget.  I will pass your information along to their ME as well as I know that they might have another situation soon with another theatre.....

Thanks again for your response!

dave B.

• Good Morning,

No need to apologize. I was confident this was the case, but you never really know until you ask.  The receiving theatre has already spent the time doing the input by hand.  My friends on the Stagecraft mailing list all said the same thing.

I certainly will keep the link to your website handy as there are planned co-pro's with this theatre planned for future seasons.  If their Production Manager does not want to spring for the proper upgrades to their system, he will have to have your fee available in their budget.  I will pass your information along to their ME as well as I know that they might have another situation soon with another theatre.....

Thanks again for your response!

dave B.

Children
No Data
Related