Pre-Viz with Expression

For a show this coming season we're attempting to completely pre-viz the show to our fullest extent. Right now we're looking at using ESP vision as our pre-viz program. The only issue being that ESP requires a DMX input source whether that be software on the machine providing it or a DMX to USB box. Of course, we would want the ability to pre-viz without being tethered to a board all the time.

The show will be running on an expression 3 with emphasis server. Is there anyway to re-create the console environment on a computer (maybe using offline) AND create an internal network that ESP vision would recognize?

Parents
  • I have to ask:  If you have an Emphasis system, why don't you use WYG to pre-vis?  I realize that with Emphasis you are stuck at Release 17 of WYG, but it is already an integrated solution and would require no further expenditure.

Expression Offline does not have any ability to communicate with a visualizer (WYG or otherwise).   Emphasis Offline can be used to pre cue Express/ion shows with or without a WYG dongle.  With a WYG Design dongle, however, you do get shaded views which would be most useful for pre-viz.  Again; you are limited with Emphasis Offline to WYG Release 17.

Best,

John

• I have to ask:  If you have an Emphasis system, why don't you use WYG to pre-vis?  I realize that with Emphasis you are stuck at Release 17 of WYG, but it is already an integrated solution and would require no further expenditure.

Expression Offline does not have any ability to communicate with a visualizer (WYG or otherwise).   Emphasis Offline can be used to pre cue Express/ion shows with or without a WYG dongle.  With a WYG Design dongle, however, you do get shaded views which would be most useful for pre-viz.  Again; you are limited with Emphasis Offline to WYG Release 17.

Best,

John

Children
Related