Express/Expression 3/Empasis Video Nodes

So, we have Net2 built into 2 of our facilities with an Expression 3 w/Emphasis on the front end. Normally for our focuses we plug a Net2 video node into a jack at our tech table location and we have RFU and video capability. However, due to the way we need to shuffle our consoles around to our 3rd (biggest space) we sometimes move our emphasis server to that 3rd space and just put an Expression 3 stand alone in a Net2 equipped space. For this, we configure a node to act as an input on universe 1, connect it to the network, then just run a hardline from the board into this node in the booth and we have dimmer control.

I'm wondering however if there is a way to use Net2 on a standalone Expression 3 console? I don't care about the EDMX on the network, just the video node capability. I know I have used a Net1 video node going Cat5 dirctly out of the back of an Express and into the video node with no problem. I cannot however seem to get this situation to work with our Expression 3. Does this have to do with a Net1/Net2 thing? Or the fact that the in-house network is routed rather than being one, straight cable? Or lastly, do I need to have some certain settings with the DIP switches on the back of the facepanel?

Sorry for being longwinded. Hopefully that all makes sense. 

-Nick 

Parents Reply
  • I'm perplexed when you say the RIU cannot connect to the network?  If you can see it when running from the remote interface disk, it is connecting.  Are you changing something about the network or the console after you update the software before you try to use it?  If you're replugging things and running through a network switch -- that's likely the issue.  Net1 traffic generally wants to go through a hub, not a switch.
Children
No Data
Related