Non-Dimmers

The theater I'm at has a sensor rack and a ETC Express 24/48 and I was wondering how to make a few of the dimmers in the rack non-dimmers? Can someone explain how to do that?

I think it has something to do with the dimmer profiles.
Thanks

Parents
  • On a ‘Classic’ CEM (with RED beacon light):

Hit---Setup, #1 (dimmer), up/down arrow to the dimmer # you want to change, Enter, up/down arrow to the Mode that you want (Normal, off, switched, DD, non-Dim), Enter, (1)(2)

1. If you need to change the threshold: (the % of input control that you want to turn the dimmer on at. This will default to 50% so if you are oaky with that you do not need to do anything)right arrow x3 until you see ‘Threshold’, Enter, up/down arrow to change the threshold, enter, exit, exit, exit…I do not how many time

2. If you are using the default threshold of 50% then exit, exit, exit…I do not how many time

For Sensor + / CEM+….I’l let someone else jump in as I do not know that as well.

Cheers,

Mike

• Maybe I'm missing something, but my read of the CEM+ manual tells me that while there is a way to select "Switched" mode in "Load-Type", further reading of the explanation indicates that Switched mode is the same as Non-Dim.

In either case, much has been written around the internet, LightNetwork, ControlBooth.com, etc..  about the in-advisability to use a Sensor dimmer set to Non-Dim mode, to power any device that has any type of electronic ballast, be it a moving light, video projector, etc...

The only sure-fired method I've ever read about, to guarantee that the loading device will not possibly suffer catastrophic damage is to use either a Sensor Relay module or a Constant module.  

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College

• Steve writes: “The only sure-fired method I've ever read about, to guarantee that the loading device will not possibly suffer catastrophic damage is to use either a Sensor Relay module or a Constant module.”

I write: YES, YES, YES

Reply Children
Related