Synching Effect programs

Hey, does anyone know if you can or how to run two effect programs simultaneously in an Emphasis system?
Parents
  • Because emphasis is built off of expression, effects have to live somewhere...they don't just exist on their own.  Effects can live in subs or cues.  Running two effects off of subs is easy, you just run both subs.

Running two effects off of the cue stack is harder.  I think you have to run one effect in each fader pair(A/B, C/D).  One way to do this "automatically" is to link a macro into your cue.  The macro then fires the effect in the appropriate fader.  But if you're going to go to that trouble, it's usually easier just to have the macro fire an effect that lives in a submaster.

So,  after all of that, here's how I would do it so that cue 1 starts the effects and cue 2 stops the effects:

cue 1 links to macro 1
    cue 2 links to macro 1
    macro 1 presses sub 1 bump and sub 2 bump
    sub 1 contains effect 1
    sub 2 contains effect 2

• Because emphasis is built off of expression, effects have to live somewhere...they don't just exist on their own.  Effects can live in subs or cues.  Running two effects off of subs is easy, you just run both subs.

Running two effects off of the cue stack is harder.  I think you have to run one effect in each fader pair(A/B, C/D).  One way to do this "automatically" is to link a macro into your cue.  The macro then fires the effect in the appropriate fader.  But if you're going to go to that trouble, it's usually easier just to have the macro fire an effect that lives in a submaster.

So,  after all of that, here's how I would do it so that cue 1 starts the effects and cue 2 stops the effects:

cue 1 links to macro 1
    cue 2 links to macro 1
    macro 1 presses sub 1 bump and sub 2 bump
    sub 1 contains effect 1
    sub 2 contains effect 2

Children
No Data
Related