Express 48 /96

I have been trying to find out if these desks are still available to purchase or would there be a similar desk produced? As it suites all of our venues needs.  As we are a training facility for school students and figure that a half manual desk is an easy way to teach students.
Parents
  • Please see David Lincecum’s BLOG post about ‘The real story on Express and Expression’.

http://community.etcconnect.com/blogs/lightminds/archive/2008/08/13/the-real-story-on-express-and-expression.aspx

David writes: “We do still have a few Express consoles if you just have to have one. We understand that there are reasons you may prefer Express at this time. We’d like to see you make the move to Ion and we feel you will be happier if you do – but we respect your opinions too. We are not 100% out of these consoles and while we have officially stopped taking orders you can speak to your ETC regional manager (or ask your dealer to do so) and they may be able to get you a console. (They will kill me for posting this)”….and now they will also kill me for passing on the information yet again. (Please keep in mind that David posted this about 3-months ago so current availability is in question.)

Please note that you should not be too concerned about a newer style board being too complicated for students. ETC has constantly been amazed at how quickly students, even in elementary schools, learn to use the newer consoles. {The harder nut-to-crack is the 15-year, or longer, Expression (Express) line user who is going for psychiatric help in order to deal with not being able to get those boards in the future…..I’m actually one of these people J}  

I’m confident that other readers of these forums can also offer some good advice on making it through this transition and I would personally recommend that you give the Ion a good look. I was a bit scared to change (and I work in ETC Service where we will always have access to an Express) but after my first show with the Ion, I was good to go and realized I was just being pessimistic about changing to something new.  

Cheers,

Mike

• Please see David Lincecum’s BLOG post about ‘The real story on Express and Expression’.

http://community.etcconnect.com/blogs/lightminds/archive/2008/08/13/the-real-story-on-express-and-expression.aspx

David writes: “We do still have a few Express consoles if you just have to have one. We understand that there are reasons you may prefer Express at this time. We’d like to see you make the move to Ion and we feel you will be happier if you do – but we respect your opinions too. We are not 100% out of these consoles and while we have officially stopped taking orders you can speak to your ETC regional manager (or ask your dealer to do so) and they may be able to get you a console. (They will kill me for posting this)”….and now they will also kill me for passing on the information yet again. (Please keep in mind that David posted this about 3-months ago so current availability is in question.)

Please note that you should not be too concerned about a newer style board being too complicated for students. ETC has constantly been amazed at how quickly students, even in elementary schools, learn to use the newer consoles. {The harder nut-to-crack is the 15-year, or longer, Expression (Express) line user who is going for psychiatric help in order to deal with not being able to get those boards in the future…..I’m actually one of these people J}  

I’m confident that other readers of these forums can also offer some good advice on making it through this transition and I would personally recommend that you give the Ion a good look. I was a bit scared to change (and I work in ETC Service where we will always have access to an Express) but after my first show with the Ion, I was good to go and realized I was just being pessimistic about changing to something new.  

Cheers,

Mike

Children
No Data
Related