ETC Express DMX dimmers

I'm in a retirement community, we own an ETC Express 24/48 and would like to get some Led fixtures. Is there any way to operate the fixture without assigning it's DMX dimmers to a channel? As I understand it, I have 512 DMX dimmers, but our board only has 96 channels. Since our fixtures use 9 channels each that means we could only operate 10 fixture is using channels. On the other hand, if I can use all 512 DMX dimmers I could operate more fixtures.  Other than operating the board using faders, cues, submasters and effects I'm pretty naive when it comes to lighting .

Parents
  • FYI: This post will get moved to the Express Legacy forum.

Of course you can.

Judging by your question, I see you patch everything 1:1... You do not have to do that. Ever.

Not knowing what fixtures you have, let's assume you're going to need (Red) (Green) (Blue) (Intensity) The other values in your fixtures you might not ever need. Unless you have a bunch of death metal shows, you're probably not going to need the Strobes.

Now, there are many ways to do this, but you could patch ALL of your Red LED DMX addresses into one channel...

Same with Green, Blue, and Intensity values... That way One fader would control all of your lights.

• Thanks for the quick reply .I never thought of patching multiple dimmers to one channel. Thanks for teaching me something new .

We are about to get 10 LED's and 4 will need 5 addressees and 6 will need 9 (zoom) .We have 24 of the 48 faders on conventual fixtures. That leaves 24 sliders for subs or faders and 48 virtual channels. 

• Thanks for the quick reply .I never thought of patching multiple dimmers to one channel. Thanks for teaching me something new .

We are about to get 10 LED's and 4 will need 5 addressees and 6 will need 9 (zoom) .We have 24 of the 48 faders on conventual fixtures. That leaves 24 sliders for subs or faders and 48 virtual channels. 

Children
No Data
Related