Editing Cues with Express 48/96

Does anyone have any ideas about an easier way to edit an existing cue with the Express 48/96. There seems to be no way to take an existing cue, save it as a new cue and modify it in proportion without changing every channel individually. A group of channels that are at the same level is OK, but it doesn't seem possible to reduce or raise the whole level of a cue in proportion (or a group of channels) when the channels are at different levels without them all going to the same level as whatever channel was the highest or lowest. Pulling the Grand Master down brings everything down, but it won't save it at that level, for instance. I realize you can save a cue as a Submaster, but that won't help if you want to raise the level and it shouldn't be necessary to double save everything. I previously used an Idea36 and you could grab all the active channels and go up or down proportionally with the +/- keys or pull the whole level down with the GM and it would save at the lower level. This doen't seem like progress. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • There is a little known command, but very useful in this case, that you can use for this exact purpose.

Get the look on stage.

Press [CHANNEL] [ENTER]. This will select all channels with a level. (Be careful if you have moving lights patched - you probably would NOT want to do this.) 

Then simply use the trackpad to raise (or lower) all those channels proportionally. When you see what you like on stage, record the new cue.

I hope this helps!

Thanks -

Sarah 

[edited by: sclausen at 3:46 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Apr 25 2007]
  • And I would use [Group][Cue][x][Full], then wheel the levels. This does the same thing, but you don't have to have the look on Stage first, and you don't have to clear the faders after you release.

When I programmed Expression, I used [Group][Cue], [Group][Sub], [Group][Focus Point] all the time.

-luke-

Reply Children
No Data
Related