Express 48/96

Hi, i was wondering since there is an "off-line" program to make shows. is there an add on to that gives a simulated visual of what the show would look like if u could set up the lights and stuff, also. could u make a show in the offline program and connect to the board threw LAN cable and play it that that?
Parents
  • If you already have a WYSIWYG dongle Emphasis Offline can be used to do some pre-visualization.  It is, however, very easy to get in trouble moving your show back to a console without Emphasis if you did not keep in mind the significant limitations of the actual hardware console versus Emphasis.  In other words: Emphasis has a much larger feature set than your Express and if you don't program within the means of your console while using Emphasis Offline, you may wind up a very unhappy camper.  Probably why Mr Steer didn't mention the possibility earlier.  I have, however, found it to be very useful in certain applications as long as I pay close attention to my programming.

Best,

John

• If you already have a WYSIWYG dongle Emphasis Offline can be used to do some pre-visualization.  It is, however, very easy to get in trouble moving your show back to a console without Emphasis if you did not keep in mind the significant limitations of the actual hardware console versus Emphasis.  In other words: Emphasis has a much larger feature set than your Express and if you don't program within the means of your console while using Emphasis Offline, you may wind up a very unhappy camper.  Probably why Mr Steer didn't mention the possibility earlier.  I have, however, found it to be very useful in certain applications as long as I pay close attention to my programming.

Best,

John

Children
No Data
Related