Expression 3 chases

hello,

I've written a fire chase in an efx cue: 6 steps, 24 channels, positive, random.  When I go the cue I see the chase running and, if random is enabled I see points where all the channels go dark at once.  There is no empty step.  If the cue is written as simply positive then the cue cycles through the steps and goes to zero (no value) at the start of each cycle.  Does the chase cycle always start from a null value state. 

Our work around has been to give all the channels a floor of 15% but it creates a noticible point in the cue that is not particularly fire like.

Another work around would be writing two cues and running them on subs concurrently. 

However I'd like to understand why.

Parents
  • Do you have any other effects or cues running during this effect?  IE have you tried running the effect  without a cue engaged.  It sounds like you have a cue or two that is stepping on the effect.  Also are you using random rate?  Do all your steps have the same time in, dwell, and out?  If you are using any of these two scenarios that could be the cause of your darkness.  The effect is randomly finding the perfect combination to make the scene go dark.  Try extending the times of the effects or shrinking the times of the effect to see if this helps the situation. 

P

• This is the only cue/effect running.  There is nothing else in the board.  I did not try loading this cue to a sub.  I did import another show that had a very similar setup - same attributes - and it worked flawlessly.  It seemed like the board was inserting an extra no channel step in the chase.

Reply Children
No Data
Related