Color Scrollers on an Expression 3

What is the best way to control Forerunner color scrollers on an Expression 3?
I have tried it multiple ways and am not happy with any of them...

First - Had them all assigned to a submaster. So if I wanted the color in the 3rd frame I would pull the slider to 14%, for frame 14 submaster to 88%. This way was a pain, because the submasters are so small it was really difficult to get a exact number. It was fine for theatrical shows, but took way too long for live shows.

Second - I assigned the scrollers to groups. Group 1 = All, Group 2 = Second Electric, Group 3 = Third Electric. Then each stroller got its own group number so I could do them individually if I wanted. To bring up frame 14 I would hit [Group] [1] [at] [8][8]. This way it is really easy to bring up the exact level (color). But it is alot of buttons to hit.... Also its really easy to hit Release by accident and then the colors go flashing by on stage.

I've played around with the moving light personalities, but it only has one attribute (color), and then I'm back to my first way, except I'm turning a knob instead of pushing a submaster.

I thought about creating a Macro but the channel numbers do not go up by constant number. The first few go up by 7% then it is 8% then 5% then back to 7%. I am reading the levels out of the forerunner manual so I know its the right numbers. I can post the levels if someone whats to see them.

I would really like an easier way to change colors. How does everyone else control scrollers?

Parents
  • The easiest way to control scrollers is to record each color on all the scrollers into a focus point.  With a focus point you can select any channel or channels that exist in the focus point and set them to the appropriate focus point.  

channel 5 focus point 2 should be color 2 for your scroller on channel 5.

The great thing about focus points is that you can put a single channel at a focus point or an entire group of channels at a focus point.  If you need to change the values in the focus point they automatically change all the cues that you used that focus point in.

This all requires that you are using Expression 3.1 software

I hope this helps,

• The easiest way to control scrollers is to record each color on all the scrollers into a focus point.  With a focus point you can select any channel or channels that exist in the focus point and set them to the appropriate focus point.  

channel 5 focus point 2 should be color 2 for your scroller on channel 5.

The great thing about focus points is that you can put a single channel at a focus point or an entire group of channels at a focus point.  If you need to change the values in the focus point they automatically change all the cues that you used that focus point in.

This all requires that you are using Expression 3.1 software

I hope this helps,

Children
No Data
Related