Channel Sliders on Express 48/96

After storing our Light Board for 6 months due to Hurricane Ike damage to our studio.  I plugged the board in and everthing seemed to come up normal....except when i tried the individual channel sliders they did not control the individual channel they corresponded to.   Any ideas on what i may be missing?  I hope it's operator error.

thanks,

Frank

Parents
  • Hi Frank -

Can you clarify whether raising the slider for channel 1 brings up the level on channel 1 on the screen, but different lights are turning on than you are used to; or, when you raise the slider for channel 1 some other channel gets raised on screen (if it's this one, please let us know which channel is coming up)?

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Thanks for the quick response.

No to your first question, neither one.....when I raise the slider nothing happens.  Hmmm ....Upon futher review though only the top row of sliders (1 - 48) are not controling anything but when i raise the slider #49 it control channel 1and so on and so on thru slider #96....

Frank

• Aha!

You're console is running in Two Scene Mode, and the bottom set of faders is active because your crossfaders are probably in the down position. In this mode you get two banks of 48 channels each. Fader 1 and 49 both control channel 1.

You can change the mode of the console using the SETUP menu. Please see the instructions below if you want to change to Single Scene mode.

Setup Two-scene Operation

To change the operation mode of your Express 24/48, 48/96 or 72/144, you will need to use
    the Setup display. Once you have enabled two-scene operation, the AB Fader Pair can only
    be used for crossfading between Scene A and Scene B. If you want to playback recorded
    cues on the AB Fader Pair, you will need to return to single-scene operation.

Setup two-scene operation:

Step 1: Press [Setup] [1] [Enter] to open the System Settings menu.
    Step 2: Press [1][5] [Enter] to select the Scene Mode settings.
    Step 3: Press [1] [Enter] to set the console to two-scene operation.
    Step 4: Press [Stage] to return to the Stage display.

Setup single-scene operation:

Step 1: Press [Setup] [1] [Enter] to open the System Settings menu.
    Step 2: Press [1][5] [Enter] to select the Scene Mode settings.
    Step 3: On Express 48/96 and 72/144 consoles, press [0] [Enter] to return to singlescene
    operation. On Express 24/48 consoles, you have two single-scene
    choices: press [2] [Enter] for single-scene operation without submasters, or
    press [3] [Enter] for single-scene operation with submasters.
    Step 4: Press [Stage] to return to the Stage display.

I copied this from the Express Quick Guide, so hopefully the formatting will be ok.

I hope this helps!

Thanks -

Sarah

• thank you that did it!  How I got to two-scene set up is beyond me

Reply Children
Related