Obsession write ASCII problems

The write ASCII show feature dumps a show incorrectly. I think there are two problems: The first appears to be related to unpatched, but used, channels. When an unpatched channel is dumped, the information from the channel one number lower is omitted and incorrectly associated with the unpatched channel instead of the correct channel. The value seems to be incorrect only on blocked cues.  The unpatched channel has values in it that obviously don't do anything.

Second, the value dumped for channel 200 seems to be incorrect sometimes even though nearby channels are used. In this case, my show has 200 channels so I tried increasing the channel count to 201, but that did not fix the problem; it stayed with channel 200. Again it is associated with a blocked cue. At the blocked cue, 200 moves to 0 and stays there. It is dumped as 100, it's previous value, and stays there in all succeeding cues and blocks, even though it's at 0 in the console. By changing this value to 1% in the blocked cue (and staying 0% in the following) it fixes the problem. However, it then dumps only 199 channels until ch200 again takes on a non-zero value.  It may have been caused originally by using exactly 200 channels, but nothing I do gets rid of it. Cue 10 is a block cue where ch200 moves from FL to 0. In the dump, ch200 in cue 10 is shown as 200@100 and there is no $$ChanMoves record for it. I've tried adding channels, and patches, but it doesn't go away. If I block it at 1% instead of 0% it works, but then at the next block cue where it should go to 0, it stays at 1%. It only does this in the dump; the console is fine. It's only ch200. All the others are fine. Very strange.

Parents Reply Children
Related