Obsession-II move/delete channels

Is it possible to delete or move channels on Obsession-II? I must be confusing it with some other console because I can't find it. I can find moves and deletes on moving lights. I can delete dimmers, but how do I delete channels? How do I move a channel to an empty channel?

Parents
  • It depends on what you mean by "delete". The Obsession always has all channel numbers present from 1 to the maximum number you've set. That is, there are no numbers omitted in that range of natural numbers. This is because a channel is just a control level on Obsession, it does not have the larger "concept" of a channel on Eos or Strand. On the other hand, Obsession Fixture numbers can have gaps in their sequence.

If you don't want to see some of the channels, you might try Flexichannel view, but this can change what you see from screen to screen, and it alters the result of the Through key.

Note that when you delete a dimmer, you are simply patching it to channel zero. You are not actually removing the dimmer from the range of available dimmer numbers. That dimmer will continue to appear in the DMX output, presumably at zero level. The "Replace With" softkey has a number of very flexible uses, including application to multiple channels at the same time, and conditional changes as well, if you have time to enter multiple commands.

[edited by: tbuchman at 6:53 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Sep 11 2009]
  • Hmmm...  that's a good point.  I don't recall a difference on Obsession between a channel where all the values are zero and no dimmer is patched to it and a never-used channel.  Thus, I can copy any unused channel over the old one to delete it.

Thanks

Reply Children
No Data
Related