Net2 Video Node with Express 250

I recently acquired a used etc net2 video node. I would like to use it with our Express 250 console. Currently the video node is configured in net2 mode. Of course it needs to be set in Net1 mode for it to communicate with the express. Unfortunately I do not have the configuration floppy disk which would have come with the node when it was new. I have looked through the download-able files for both the Express and the Video node and haven't found a configuration utility that will switch the node to Net1. Is this utility available or is there another option?

-Brad

Parents
  • Hey Brad,

The file that you need to switch the nodes into Net1 mode is included with the Express software, which you can download at :

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/console/Express311.zip

There's a file in the zip archive called run.bin. Save that to a floppy disc, insert it in the console then reboot. Once done you should be able to see the video node and send software to it. Once you've done that, pull out the disc, reboot, and voila, you should have a mimic of the Express screen output by Port 1 of your video node (note Port 2 will not do anything in Net1 mode).

Tom

[edited by: tomsteer at 11:46 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 25 2009]
  • Hey Brad,

The file that you need to switch the nodes into Net1 mode is included with the Express software, which you can download at :

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/console/Express311.zip

There's a file in the zip archive called run.bin. Save that to a floppy disc, insert it in the console then reboot. Once done you should be able to see the video node and send software to it. Once you've done that, pull out the disc, reboot, and voila, you should have a mimic of the Express screen output by Port 1 of your video node (note Port 2 will not do anything in Net1 mode).

Tom

[edited by: tomsteer at 11:46 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 25 2009]
Children
Related