unexpected chase

Our Express 24/48 is acting up. When I bring up any channel, a bunch of lights start randomly flashing as if they were set to chase, which they are not. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem?

thanks,

Jeff

Parents
  • Does the chasing occur just on the fixtures themselves, or do you see the chasing levels on the Express's channel display too?
  • Hi Matt,

The "chasing" seems to occur on the fixtures themselves. I just reset the system and assigned 1 dimmer to 1 channel. When I bring up that channel, many lights start quickly flashing.

A clue might be that we lost our house lights last week and the electricians were working in the dimmer closet. They replaced a 24V relay. Although we don't control house lights from the light board, could this have any effect on the Express?

thanks

• Well, I see a few possibilities....

Most likely, the DMX wiring or termination is faulty from the Express to your dimmer rack.  This might have been caused by an electrician, who knows.

It's also possible there's a problem in the dimmer rack or a small possibility of a problem in the distro. 

Are you using an ETC Sensor rack?  Try using the CEM to directly turn on one light and see if other lights flicker too.

• Well, I see a few possibilities....

Most likely, the DMX wiring or termination is faulty from the Express to your dimmer rack.  This might have been caused by an electrician, who knows.

It's also possible there's a problem in the dimmer rack or a small possibility of a problem in the distro. 

Are you using an ETC Sensor rack?  Try using the CEM to directly turn on one light and see if other lights flicker too.

Children
Related