Insight III lost memories

Hi everybody

I've a recurrent problem with my ETC insight 3: Frequently when i shut down the desk il lose all the show (patch, cues, submasters...)

Someone could help me please?

Cheer

(sorry for my bad speaking english)

Parents
  • Hi there -

The battery that maintains the memory has probably died. Please contact your ETC dealer or ETC Technical Services and they can help you out.

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi sarah

The battery has been changed yet, it's a new one but there is always problems when we shut down.

We have had recently some other problems (loss of show, software bugs, impossibility to restart desk , impossibility to load show,)  and we must change the dmx card, the dealer had update the desk software to the 3.1 version.

Thanks for your help

• Yomgui;

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If the battery has been replaced recently it may need to charge before it will retain show memory. You could try leaving it powered on overnight. A few additional questions to help narrow down the problems:

When you turn the console off do you also turn off power to it?

When the console is on how long it is usually on?

You mentioned a series of other problems with the desk as well.

Was there some type of voltage event that occurred?

Last question, what version of code was it running before you upgraded to 3.1?

I look forward to your answers.

• Yomgui;

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If the battery has been replaced recently it may need to charge before it will retain show memory. You could try leaving it powered on overnight. A few additional questions to help narrow down the problems:

I look forward to your answers.

Children
  • Hi dave

No when the console is turned off (with the back switch) the power is always on.

When the console is on it's for so long time (between 6h and 12h)

I'm not sur too understand the question: 230volt (UPS electrical control)

I don't know but the software hadn't been upgraded since 3 year

Sorry for my english

Thanks for your help

• Yumgui;

Thanks for answering my questions. Do you see the same problems if you disconnect the unit from the UPS? I have seen some UPS's cause problems.

I asked about software version as depending on the age of the desk there may have been some hardware modifications it requires. Is there any way to find out what is had been running? You might have an older manual or disks with a version number. This might help us narrow down what is causing the problems.

• ok i'll try too disconnect the unit from the ups but I think it's not that because we had another Insight for a few time in replacement  and there was no problem. I've seen that when we shut down the desk for few minutes it seems it doesn't loss memories. I think i'll must try to change battery (and maybe the alimentation's card).

I'll search before which version and which desk it is. I'll post it next week.

Thanks for your help

• Yomigui;

I have seen some cases where a UPS that was failing could cause feedback that might effect the console. If other consoles plugged into the UPS do not have the problem, I suspect the UPS is ok.

I think the console may need to come into a service center. Where are you located? I am happy to put you in touch with a local office or dealership. Additionally you can find them on our website here:

http://www.etcconnect.com/contact.aspx

Related