Macros, macros and more macros...

We have collected a number of useful macros over time. They're all on our Web site here.

If you have others you'd like to share, please feel free to post them in this forum.

Thanks!

Sarah

Parents Reply Children
  • jwblake said:

So I was offered a deal today. If I can fill up all 2,000 spots in my expression with legitimate macros, then we will get an Ion.

Ideas for using them all up?Find yourself a designer's worksheet.  When you define regions on it are associated with a macro.  Generally I use about 400 macros on a show this way.  That would get you started....

• a macro for each moving light to sneak out, recalibrate, wait and sneak back in at the press of a button if issues arise.

in my obII I typically write generic lamp on, lamp off, recal macros and just manually assign fixture number and fire the macro, but being specific would let you "simplify the process" and chew up a few more macros :)

• Marking MLs on an Express/Expression:

Macro 1: [blind] [stage] [update] [only] [0] [fixture]

Macro 2: [Only] [position] [image] [color] [beam] [focus point]

1) Focus Fixture

Select fixture(s) x and/or y. wiggle to desired happiness.

2) Record Focus Point

[M1] [x] (and/or) [y] [M2] (select focus point number z) [z] [Enter]

3) Recall/Reference Focus Point

[Fixture] [x] (and/or) [y] [M2] [z]

4) Update cues

{you may update the cue you are sitting in on stage (a) and mark the fixture in its marking cue (b) in blind (my preference: more laborious but less margin for error)}:

4.i)

[M1] [x] (and/or) [y] [M2] [cue] [a] [track] [Enter]

[blind] [cue] [b] [Fixture] [x] (and/or) [y] [M2] [z] [track] [Enter]

OR

{update back into the marking cue (b) from stage}

4.ii)

[M1] [x] (and/or) [y] [M2] [cue] [b] [track] [enter]

however you will still need to update the Intensity into the desired cue.

NB.i: M2 can be substituted for specific categories (e.g. [Only] [position], or [Only] [image] [beam]) if selective filtering is required.

NB.ii: Make sure that the Intensity attribute is set to category "None" ([setup] [15] [Enter] [3] [Enter] [1] [S2] [0] [Enter])

NB.iii: IF you accidently (through use of step 4.ii) update a cue [b] that did not previously exist, you will find a cue [b] in which you have the information of the ML(s) you updated but will find ALL OTHER VALUES have gone to 00. And they have tracked though. Solution: Reload from disc. I am not kidding. I've once (or thrice) lost a full third of a show (hundreds of cues) by updating a cue that didn't exist. Use this method at your own risk.

Related