ETC Expression 2x/3 personality setup question and how to this console safely question

Hello all,

I need to know how to setup a  personality of this moving head fixture. Here is a picture of the DMX traits:

Please note that I do not own this piece of crap fixture!

Can I still use Expression 3's method of blending the 8bit and 16 bit channels together for this?

and how could I set this up in the encoders?

Also, I know this sounds stupid, but How do I safely move an Expression 2x console with out dropping it?

Thnx

[edited by: lightingguy1 at 8:44 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Sep 29 2010]
Parents
  • Hi there -

Expression 2x/3 needs the coarse and fine channels to be next to each other, so unfortunately you can't use true 16-bit fading on this device. You could have two channels for pan, though, and use the fine channel to do fine positioning adjustments at the end of the movement (like a "nudge" channel). I expect you would need to choose a couple of user parameters for the fine channels and just leave pan/tilt at 8-bit.

Regarding moving the console - I'm not sure how best to answer this question...  If you're worried about dropping it, I suggest getting someone else to help you carry it, one of you at either end of the console. Make sure to unplug everything connected to it first (I know, this sounds like silly advice, but I've seen it happen...)

I hope this helps -

Thanks much!

Sarah

• Hi there -

Expression 2x/3 needs the coarse and fine channels to be next to each other, so unfortunately you can't use true 16-bit fading on this device. You could have two channels for pan, though, and use the fine channel to do fine positioning adjustments at the end of the movement (like a "nudge" channel). I expect you would need to choose a couple of user parameters for the fine channels and just leave pan/tilt at 8-bit.

Regarding moving the console - I'm not sure how best to answer this question...  If you're worried about dropping it, I suggest getting someone else to help you carry it, one of you at either end of the console. Make sure to unplug everything connected to it first (I know, this sounds like silly advice, but I've seen it happen...)

I hope this helps -

Thanks much!

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related