Expression Diagnostic Menu

Howdy...

How is accesses?  Firmware 3.11

Thanks!

Parents
  • I was awaiting someone from ETC to chime in....

To my knowledge, there is no built in access to any kind of diagnostics or to the firmware.

The console series (Expression/Insight/Express) did not have hard drives.  The OS booted from 3.5" floppy when installed and the OS then ran in bios. 

What exactly do you need to do, and can I assume trouble shoot a problem ?.

Steve B.

• just picked up a console used and wanted to run whatever tests built in I could to ensure it's in good working condition. I'm surprised there isn't a function available to do this.  What's the "reserved" #12 in the setup then believe it's option's menu?  

There must be a way for it to run a system's check?  no? 

•  

There are no 'built in' self-tests for the Expression line but generally speaking you should be able to use the console to see if everything is basically working. If it boots and you end up in the Stage screen then you are 90% there. Run though all the buttons and sliders to make sure they are actuating and then ensure you are outputting DMX. ETC Link and RFU testing would require a Link device and a RFU. Save a show to disk and then load a show from disk.

'Reserved' #12 in the Setup is not anything :-)

You can clear the unit back to all defaults (this will erase the show and patch) by doing a 789 Deep Clear. With the console turned off....hold down the 789 keys and then turn the console on (continue to hold down 789 until the unit is done booting

If upon System Reset, the following message appears: Record is locked out.  Press Clear to continue.

Cause Record Lockout is enabled in the System Settings menu in Setup.

To disable:
    [Setup] [1] [Enter] [13] [Enter] [0] [Enter]

You might hear rumors of an Expression Diagnostics test but this is a software tool used by ETC and our Authorized Service Providers to test for specific failures on a unit that has a reported failure from an end-user.

Sincerely,

Mike

•  

There are no 'built in' self-tests for the Expression line but generally speaking you should be able to use the console to see if everything is basically working. If it boots and you end up in the Stage screen then you are 90% there. Run though all the buttons and sliders to make sure they are actuating and then ensure you are outputting DMX. ETC Link and RFU testing would require a Link device and a RFU. Save a show to disk and then load a show from disk.

'Reserved' #12 in the Setup is not anything :-)

You can clear the unit back to all defaults (this will erase the show and patch) by doing a 789 Deep Clear. With the console turned off....hold down the 789 keys and then turn the console on (continue to hold down 789 until the unit is done booting

If upon System Reset, the following message appears: Record is locked out.  Press Clear to continue.

Cause Record Lockout is enabled in the System Settings menu in Setup.

To disable:
    [Setup] [1] [Enter] [13] [Enter] [0] [Enter]

You might hear rumors of an Expression Diagnostics test but this is a software tool used by ETC and our Authorized Service Providers to test for specific failures on a unit that has a reported failure from an end-user.

Sincerely,

Mike

Children
No Data
Related