ETC Net2 networking

Hello all,

What do I need to do to setup my Expression 3 to Output DMX on a NET2 DMX node?

In other words, can I just have it pluged into the back of the Console via cat5 cable?

Thnx

-Lightingguy1

Parents
  • Lightingguy

You will need to back your net2 node down to net 1.  Note that this will only give you the mirrored outputs of the console.  There is a floppy disk inside your Expression.  I forget the label but it is not the blank one or the one with the expression software version on it.  Power off the console.  Insert disk.  Connect Node.  Turn console on.  The utility will discover the node and down grade it.  Once this is done, Power off desk.  Remove disk and you should be good to go. 

There is more info here on the wiki.

http://community.etcconnect.com/wikis/products/etcnet2-four-port-dmx-node.aspx

Enjoy

P-

• To expand slightly on pwiegand's post, you are configuring a Net2 node to run in Net 1, which is what the Expression supports.  Once successfully configured, the node will then output the DMX universes of the console.  Note that if you have a 2 port node, you will only output universe 1 & 2.  If it's a 4 port node, then you get all 4 universes.  If the nodes have chassis male connectors, you will need DMX turn-arounds - I.E. 5 pin XLR female to 5 pin XLR female adapters. 

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College

• To expand slightly on pwiegand's post, you are configuring a Net2 node to run in Net 1, which is what the Expression supports.  Once successfully configured, the node will then output the DMX universes of the console.  Note that if you have a 2 port node, you will only output universe 1 & 2.  If it's a 4 port node, then you get all 4 universes.  If the nodes have chassis male connectors, you will need DMX turn-arounds - I.E. 5 pin XLR female to 5 pin XLR female adapters. 

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College

Children
Related