Fluctuations in Lights When Using Submasters

As a temporary solution to an EDI dimmer rack problem, I have had to connect the rack's control module directly to the three three data screw terminals in the rack that correspond to the DMX data wires (shield, D- and D+) coming from our control booth.  Essentially I have bypassed a small computer card in the rack that seems to be some sort of DMX buffer or splitter.  Running through the card gave me no data signal at all to the module, Jumpering from terminal to CM gave me back my data signal.  I'm running a show while I wait to pull the card and send it in for repair.  Issue now is that when we assign instruments to a submaster on an ETC Express 48/96 and start to pull the submaster up, the intensities of the instruments fluctuate up and down as the slider moves up.  Each instrument in the submaster seems to be affected differently and it is happening across the board (no pun intended).  Each submaster shows exactly the same pattern of fluctuation.  I suspect it has something to do with the data signal not going through the card in the rack since I duplicated the port settings in port 2 of the board as a check and obtained the same annoying results.  The slower the submaster slider is moved, the more pronounced the fluctuation.  Any idea of cause?  Could this be a board issue?  Any possible quick fixes enough to make it through our show?  I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related