O2 ML Advice Please

Need some advice on the preferred method of programming a continues PAN/TILT routine and also have static channels running with an O2.

The only thing I can see to do is a set of looping cues with the static’s copied through and the various PAN/TILT levels in each.

Parents
  • Here's how I would do it...

1. Record your positions as groups (fixture 1 > 10 position record group 501; fixture 1 > 10 position record group 502; etc.)

2. Create an effect using those groups (step 1: group 501, time: 1, in: 0, dwell: 1, out: 0, min: 0, max: full; step 2: group 502, time: 1, in: 0, dwell: 1, out: 0, min: 0, max: full; etc.) (set your overall effect time to be 0/hold/0)

3. Create cues that start and stop this effect at the appropriate places (cue 54.1 effect 1 play; cue 72 effect 1 stop)

A note about effects:  If you have values recorded (i.e. changes or blocked values) in any of the cues between the start of the effect and the end of the effect, the affected channels will no longer respond to the effect.  In other words, it's an LTP console.  Using the above example, make sure that you don't have any pan/tilt values recorded in cues 54.11 through 71.99.  Don't worry about tracked values; those are fine.

• That's the same way we program them with one difference.  We often use an in time instead of dwell.  Most of our movers are moving mirror units so without a fade time the mirror snaps to each new position instead of moving smoothly to it.  Getting a nice circle takes a little tinkering with step, and fade times but you can usually get good results.  And more steps in the effect gives you more control of the path. 

Also remeber that if you already have the focus groups recorded that you want to move between you don't have to take the time to make new groups for the effect.  Focus Group 1 and Group 1 are the same information retrieved in different ways.  The difference is that using the Focus Group command puts a reference to the group in the cue where as using the group command puts the actual values from the group in the cue.  I believe that effects are alway referencing the group but I would have to check on that.

• That's the same way we program them with one difference.  We often use an in time instead of dwell.  Most of our movers are moving mirror units so without a fade time the mirror snaps to each new position instead of moving smoothly to it.  Getting a nice circle takes a little tinkering with step, and fade times but you can usually get good results.  And more steps in the effect gives you more control of the path. 

Also remeber that if you already have the focus groups recorded that you want to move between you don't have to take the time to make new groups for the effect.  Focus Group 1 and Group 1 are the same information retrieved in different ways.  The difference is that using the Focus Group command puts a reference to the group in the cue where as using the group command puts the actual values from the group in the cue.  I believe that effects are alway referencing the group but I would have to check on that.

Children
No Data
Related