Express and Loading shows

Hi All,

I am currently writing a show offline with the express offline software, and I wanted to confirm one thing. Though, I have used the Express many, many times, I do not use it frequently enough anymore, where I can remember this detail. When I go to load the show, do I get the option like in EOS, to just load the cues, or does it load everything, everytime including patch, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Jared Ross

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes.  It's best to only change data in one location at a time, and transfer show files when you move from offline to console or console to offline. 

• A possible workaround you may want to look at is using the Read ASCII and Write ASCII files (Offline software under the Convert menu)  and a text editor: Write ASCII versions of both shows, then using your text editor, just cut and paste the bits you like from one show into the other show file (overwriting the appropriate sections in the new file, of course), resave, and Read ASCII in the offline software. Depending on the complexity of your setup, this can be quite a timesaver.

Related