Two Cue Stacks?

I'm running Emphasis with an Expression 3 faceplate. Is it possible to manually control two cue stacks on the A/B and C/D faders? For instance, say I wanted to manually fade cues 100 - 150 on the A/B faders while simultaneously doing the same with cues 200 - 250 on the C/D faders. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I've thought about using subroutines, but to my knowledge I can't manually control the fade or go backwards if I needed.

Thanks.

[edited by: TeatroZ at 11:18 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Dec 15 2006]
Parents
  • Hi Josh -

No, it's not. The A/B and C/D fader pairs both control the main cue list. When you press GO on one set it will advance the list from wherever it currently sits (there's only one "pointer" in the list) so it becomes very difficult if not impossible to do what you are describing. You are also correct in that you cannot control a subroutine in exactly the same way you can the cue list.

What is your playback scenario? Perhaps we can come up with a solution. It does sound like you are trying to get a live event played back with multiple cue lists, and unfortunately Expression, and therefore Emphasis, is not a multiple-cue list console in this way.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Josh -

No, it's not. The A/B and C/D fader pairs both control the main cue list. When you press GO on one set it will advance the list from wherever it currently sits (there's only one "pointer" in the list) so it becomes very difficult if not impossible to do what you are describing. You are also correct in that you cannot control a subroutine in exactly the same way you can the cue list.

What is your playback scenario? Perhaps we can come up with a solution. It does sound like you are trying to get a live event played back with multiple cue lists, and unfortunately Expression, and therefore Emphasis, is not a multiple-cue list console in this way.

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
  • Sarah

This question was also asked over on the LightNetwork, actually it was asked in a different format, but many folks attempted to come up with an answer (myself included - with the stock "do a subroutine" suggestion)

Your answer here answers it best and you've answered it in such a way as to not give the the impression that Expression/Emphasis system "can't do something", but more of a "It's not intended to do this", which is much more precise.  I would suggest possibly you chime in with a comment on the LN, if only because I'm not totally clear on what all Josh wants to do, except a lot of things that I'm not sure ANY console can do. 

In Josh's defence, he's attempting to do things I would never attempt and I admire that he has such a grasp of his system that he's thinking along these lines...

Happy New Year in the mean time !. 

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College

Related