Insight running VL3000 and stuck channels

I'm having problems controlling some VL3000 with an Insight.

I designed a show last year that included three MAC 2k's.  This year the vendor swapped those out for VL3000's.  While I like these lights better they've come with an odd quirk.  I've downloaded and installed the personality patch and everything seemed fine.  I started programming the show by writing a few cues that included the moving lights.  Then I tried to record some submasters.  I released the selected channels and cleared the A/B and C/D fader but the board still holds the levels on the moving light.  Depending on the last cue some of the lights return to their home positions and some stay put.  I can clear the stuck channels by selecting them and taking them to zero but this is really tedious.  It's a sub intensive show (hence the insight) so I'd love to find a solution to this.

Thanks,

Peter

Parents
  • Peter S said:
    ... I released the selected channels and cleared the A/B and C/D fader but the board still holds the levels on the moving light.  Depending on the last cue some of the lights return to their home positions and some stay put.  ...

See the section in the manual on "Background Overrides," specifically "clear all background fades" or something like that.

It may also help to use the [Only] key to mask parameters when programming subs.

• Peter S said:
    ... I released the selected channels and cleared the A/B and C/D fader but the board still holds the levels on the moving light.  Depending on the last cue some of the lights return to their home positions and some stay put.  ...

See the section in the manual on "Background Overrides," specifically "clear all background fades" or something like that.

It may also help to use the [Only] key to mask parameters when programming subs.

Children
Related