Wybron CXI profile for Obsession II

I am trying to run Wybron CXI Color scroller on an Obsession II console, running either 4.2 or 5.1.0.  Is it easiest to make an ML personality?

What works?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

I'm from the Opera House in London, We have an Obsession II and (until very recently) had lots of Wybrons (now replaced with Seachangers).

If you can spare the fixtures, then you could write a fixture. However, just remember to keep a channel for the common fan channel. To be honest though, we just had 3 channels for the 2 strings and the speed. The only problem doing in the way we did it, was trying to remember all the channels but once the mixed colours are in the groups, its not such a problem. 

I hope that helps??

Crispy

• Hi,

I'm from the Opera House in London, We have an Obsession II and (until very recently) had lots of Wybrons (now replaced with Seachangers).

If you can spare the fixtures, then you could write a fixture. However, just remember to keep a channel for the common fan channel. To be honest though, we just had 3 channels for the 2 strings and the speed. The only problem doing in the way we did it, was trying to remember all the channels but once the mixed colours are in the groups, its not such a problem. 

I hope that helps??

Crispy

Children
  • We don't patch our CXIs as fixtures, instead most of our designers layout their channels so that they make sense on the screen.  This makes it pretty easy to know what scroller is were.  For example, the lamps w/ scrollers are 201-211, the first string is 221-231, the second string is 241-251.  This means on page two the lamps are in the first row and the scrollers line up below their lamp channels.  We don't usually use the speed and fan channels on our CXIs but you could lay them our in a similar way.  We also patch our moving lights in a similar way.  They all start w/ a starting channel that begins a row.  This way you can tell pretty easily what's going on with each fixture from the conventional display.  It's pretty rare that we actually look at those pages in the conventional display but it has been useful for diagnosing problems a few times.

Hope that helps,
    Mat

Related