Replacing The Obsession Hard Drive

Greetings.  I am in possession of an original Obsession system, using an external processor.  We presently have 2 processors, each in a separate mounting rack, so we can use the primary control desk in one space, and the designers console in another.  The processor we were using with the designers console stopped detecting the hard drive this evening.  I'm no computer expert, but the drive was making a fair bit more whining than I would be comfortable.  There appeared to be no issue with the connection cables or any other part of the system that I can detect.  Unfortunately the other processor is in use on another show, or I would have swapped it. 

So, my question is, given the age of the computer in the processor, I'm uncertain that the system would respond to a replacement hard drive that we could currently buy.  I know older computer architecture has trouble reading or working with large size hard drives.  I wasn't able to find clear information regarding the type/size of hard drive we could successfully use in the system, so I'm hoping to find some information here.  Any information regarding the size/type of hard drive I need to get, and any potential issues with reloading the Obsession software would be very helpful.  Thanks!

• I think I read somewhere recently ;-) that:

Hard Drives for Obsession (and Obsession II) consoles need to be preconfigured at the factory for the proper settings. Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as running down to the local electronics store, getting a new drive, then reinstalling the software from the website.

I'd call 800-688-4116.  I bet they could even transfer your archived shows from the old to the new hard drive, if that's important to you.

[edited by: derekleffew at 5:21 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Nov 13 2011]
Related