Expression III corrupt Show data or Console problem?

I'm having an interesting problem with my Exp III.  Currently running the Nutcracker and have been noticing some anomalies popping up in the cue list and another issue with recording the show.  I'll explain both of those, but first some important info:  I'm the show has been recycled roughly 7 times on this console, each time loaded from the previous disk, alterations made, and saved to a new disk, nothing unusual.  This show originated on this console (with the same 3.11 software).  As all the Expressions I've ever used have been...this console has been rock solid, never any problems.

On to what's happening:

I first noticed something was up when looking at the cue list during tech.  The next cue in the cue was displaying exactly the same time and label as the cue that I was currently sitting in.  I had not made any alterations to either cue, nor had I been in Blind, where I might have inadvertently made an alteration. I quickly popped the backup disk in my PC and checked the file with EOL and the cues were as they should be (different times and labels).  Back at the console, I went to blind and checked the content of the cue (channel levels) against the show as loaded into EOL and they had not been altered. so I changed the cue time and label back to what it should be and saved the file to a new disk.

This anomaly has popped up several times since, but never to the same two cues...it seems to float..randomly, never happening to the same two cues. 

The other interesting thing is that while my show is labeled "Nutcracker '11", the show label does not get recorded to the disk.  When read the disk simply reads "Recorded".  If I clear the console and load from the disk the show label reads "Nutcracker '11", it just doesn't show the correct label when I look at the disk (using Read Show From Disk or Read All From Disk).

Because the cue label/time problem is random I don't know how to go about diagnosing it further, but given that it is seemingly random, I tend to believe it is either a corrupt show file (although it doesn't load improperly into the console or into EOL) OR a memory/eprom problem with my console.

I haven't yet tried a DEEP CLEAR...as I'm a little leery of such measures while in the middle of a production, but I will once this production cycle finishes.  I haven't noticed these issues with other show files, but then again most shows done with the my Exp are children's shows/tours that did not originate on this console.

Has anyone encountered this or a similar problem?  If so have you found a resolution?  Does this point to the demise of my trusted old Expression III?

Thanks,

Neal

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related