Express offline editor screen 2 is blank, or gone

I can't get screen 2 any more.  If I set the windows tab in cascade, then it shows screen 2, but the screen is blank.  If I just open the program, and click on the windows tab, I can't click on screen 2.  It shows the check mark, but it is faded out.  I have tried to repair the program, and then I uninstalled it, rebooted, and downloaded it again, but it still doesn't show screen 2.  I had it earlier, but did something, so the channels were chasing very fast, and couldn't get them to stop.  So, I closed the program, and then re-opened it, and I am having this problem.  Help!  I know this board is discontinued, but will be still using ours, for several more years, untill we are allowed to try to get budgeting for a new board, and other upgrades.  Thank you, David.

Parents
  • Hi there -

You have set the EOL program to mimic an Express console, which only has one screen. To work with two screens, you will need to tell EOL to mimic an Expression or Insight console. Which console are you working with in real life? It's best to set EOL to match that. You can also set it to use a bigger console if you prefer the editing environment, but then you need to be careful not to patch channels above the limit of the actual console.

To set the console type, go to the Options menu, click on "Console Type". This opens a dialog with all the consoles you can mimic in EOL. Click the console you want, then close the dialog and restart EOL.

I hope this helps-

Thanks -

Sarah

• Thank you for your answer.  Switched to Expression, and the second screen came in perfect.  David

• May not be exactly pertinent, but something that I just discovered (after using the software for ~15 years!)...

In EOL 3.11, one can change the size of the button arrays by right-clicking on the window title and selecting "large-font."  So much easier than decoding the two-letter abbreviations and hitting the tiny buttons.

Having only used Expressions, I also didn't know until recently that one could change the console type so the screen would mimic the actual console.

It pays to learn new things...

• May not be exactly pertinent, but something that I just discovered (after using the software for ~15 years!)...

In EOL 3.11, one can change the size of the button arrays by right-clicking on the window title and selecting "large-font."  So much easier than decoding the two-letter abbreviations and hitting the tiny buttons.

Having only used Expressions, I also didn't know until recently that one could change the console type so the screen would mimic the actual console.

It pays to learn new things...

Children
Related