Emphasis Server Remote Access

I am trying to setup remote access to our emphasis server to allow files to be transferred or to allow remote control. I have hard wired my laptop into ETCNet and manually assigned the appropriate IP address. However I have not been able to access the server. The other computer shows up on neither my laptop or the server. I have been successful at pinging my laptop from the server but when pinging from my laptop to the server I receive a "does not exist error". Is there some kind of firewall setup on emphasis to prevent remote connections?

Parents
  • If you are looking at remote control as remote desktop control, then you have to enable that within windows. (rt-click MyComputer->properties->Remote)

If you are looking to share files over the network, I believe you have to share the directoriesin windows( rt-click the directory->properties->security)

• If you are looking at remote control as remote desktop control, then you have to enable that within windows. (rt-click MyComputer->properties->Remote)

If you are looking to share files over the network, I believe you have to share the directoriesin windows( rt-click the directory->properties->security)

Children
No Data
Related