Expression and monitors

I currently work in a theater and we have an ETC Expression.  The console itself still works really well and is solid, the problem I am running into now is the monitor. Since its all the old CGA (9 pin plug) format the board does not work with any new monitors (15 pin VGA).

What I was wondering is if anyone knew of a place out there where you can still find these old format monitors to use with the board.

Or has anyone had any success with a CGA to VGA adapter which would allow me to use a newer monitor?

Unfortunately the theater does not have enough money to replace the board as a whole so I have to find other solutions.

Parents
  • I work at a theater that is in the same situation.  The best place that I have found to get a CGA monitor is on ebay.  I kept looking and I ended up getting one for a reasonable price.  I have not been able to find any CGA to VGA adapters that worked reliably.  The other place that I looked was at a local university that had some sitting in a warehouse.  Unfortunately none of them worked. 

• I work at a theater that is in the same situation.  The best place that I have found to get a CGA monitor is on ebay.  I kept looking and I ended up getting one for a reasonable price.  I have not been able to find any CGA to VGA adapters that worked reliably.  The other place that I looked was at a local university that had some sitting in a warehouse.  Unfortunately none of them worked. 

Children
Related