Connecting Expression 3 to ShowXpress

I am designing the lighting for a show with Chauvet's Show Xpress and wondered if there is a way to connect my Mac to the Expression 3 board/system at the venue.  I haven't worked in lighting for 20 years now, and know that the 4 hours I have to learn the board and then set up the show is impossible.  I am hoping to simplify the process by doing it this way... I am more than willing to purchase any interfaces needed, etc to make it work... the venue is my daughter's Performing Arts High School, so they could always use extras. 

Any advice, please, the rehearsal is Friday 6-22 and the show is Saturday 6-23... they decided to tell me Monday that I was needed for the lighting in addition to running the sound...

Parents
  • I'm not familiar with Show Xpress, but it looks like something you would use instead of the Expression 3 rather than in addition to.  If you're wondering if you can use the Expression 3 as an output device for that software, then the answer is no.  You would need the Xpress 100 or Xpress 512 to get DMX output from the Chauvet software (depending on how many outputs you need).  In that case you would unplug the Expression console entirely and plug the Xpress DMX output into the DMX input the Expression was using.

• I'm not familiar with Show Xpress, but it looks like something you would use instead of the Expression 3 rather than in addition to.  If you're wondering if you can use the Expression 3 as an output device for that software, then the answer is no.  You would need the Xpress 100 or Xpress 512 to get DMX output from the Chauvet software (depending on how many outputs you need).  In that case you would unplug the Expression console entirely and plug the Xpress DMX output into the DMX input the Expression was using.

Children
No Data
Related