Hog 1000 - few questions: bugs or I'm just an idiot?

Did my first show on a 1000 this past week. I really like the console overall, but couldnt seem to figure out why it kept doing a few things.

:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

1. Pig + Choose didn't bring up the master's list right away, 75% of the time I'd have to press it a few times or even press others and go back before the window would pop up. 25% of the time it would pop right up. Am I missing something? It's quite annoying when trying to move around quickly.

2. Monitor + List would not bring up the List page on the monitor right off. I had to use Monitor + one of the Group/B/C/F buttons to bring up one of those windows before it would let me use Monitor + List to bring up the List page. Also quite annoying when trying to name things quickly. Also, is there anyway to name a cuelist if you don't have an external monitor?

3. This is just a question, how do you add in a fixture to a current show? The merge function would not let me merge the fixture library from the new show I had on disk (which came from the Wholehog II Library Downloader Utility and included the new fixture I was using that wasn't in the library on the console). I ended up starting from the new disk and then just merging my palletes back into that show from mine. Thankfully I wasn't to far into anything so I didnt have to worry about merging cues or anything. Whats the right way to do this? Say I have a pre-existing, fairly large show - and I want to add a new fixture to it - surely what I described above isn't the best way?

I don't have the software version handy but I can get it if needed. I assume its the latest since the console was bought brand new a month ago.

Thanks in advance...
Parents
  • Brad, Mitch:

The console is indeed running v3.3, 177.

I *think* I may have figured out the master's list thing: I checked in the Event Monitor and all buttons are functioning properly as far as I can tell. Once again I played with opening the list, and quickly found my supposed problem again. However, I noticed this time that it happened when I excecuted the commands quickly. If I let it sort of reset by doing something else, then tried it again but slower - it works fine! Tried it again, and I think I may just be releasing the Pig button too soon: Pressing [Pig], then say [Master 5], wait till the master's list appears, then realease the [Pig] button - and it works every single time. If instead I instantly release the [Pig] button after pressing the master's choose, nothing happens. I guess I'm just moving too fast for the console? :Eyecrazy:

So I guess the only question I have left is about the monitor. Can someone please confirm that it should or should not instantly pop up when [Monitor] +[List] is pressed?

Thanks again, hope this makes sense -Michael
  • Brad, Mitch:

The console is indeed running v3.3, 177.

I *think* I may have figured out the master's list thing: I checked in the Event Monitor and all buttons are functioning properly as far as I can tell. Once again I played with opening the list, and quickly found my supposed problem again. However, I noticed this time that it happened when I excecuted the commands quickly. If I let it sort of reset by doing something else, then tried it again but slower - it works fine! Tried it again, and I think I may just be releasing the Pig button too soon: Pressing [Pig], then say [Master 5], wait till the master's list appears, then realease the [Pig] button - and it works every single time. If instead I instantly release the [Pig] button after pressing the master's choose, nothing happens. I guess I'm just moving too fast for the console? :Eyecrazy:

So I guess the only question I have left is about the monitor. Can someone please confirm that it should or should not instantly pop up when [Monitor] +[List] is pressed?

Thanks again, hope this makes sense -Michael
Children
No Data
Related