cue timing

I've no idea how can i do a good timing. (timecode)
usually, i was pressing GO manually.
I've heard of midi,timecode but completely no idea how to use it.
can anyone brief this one me. let me at least understand it.
I got a visualizer and hogpc with cue already build. And got loopbe installed incase i can use it to communicate with music play by the pc.

well, anyone please explain..at least let me try it on the pc first then move into hog2.

i know its not easy. gota learn
Parents
  • You are correct. Sometimes the best thing is to use a combination of Timcode and wait times, which works well on the hog II, not so well on the hog III.
    Also, on the Hog II, if you don't have a timecode source but do have the ability to receive MIDI strings, you can setup a macro that starts your internal timecode. The macro is triggered by the MIDI input, in one of the various possible forms. There are also ways of doing the same thing using DMX input to the console. we have used a special version of this product www.dfd.com/anl2dmx.html to convert a contact closure to an input the hog can understand. Contact them if you want more info on how this works. The possibilities really are almost endless :=)

-paul
  • You are correct. Sometimes the best thing is to use a combination of Timcode and wait times, which works well on the hog II, not so well on the hog III.
    Also, on the Hog II, if you don't have a timecode source but do have the ability to receive MIDI strings, you can setup a macro that starts your internal timecode. The macro is triggered by the MIDI input, in one of the various possible forms. There are also ways of doing the same thing using DMX input to the console. we have used a special version of this product www.dfd.com/anl2dmx.html to convert a contact closure to an input the hog can understand. Contact them if you want more info on how this works. The possibilities really are almost endless :=)

-paul
Children
No Data
Related