cue timing

I've no idea how can i do a good timing. (timecode)
usually, i was pressing GO manually.
I've heard of midi,timecode but completely no idea how to use it.
can anyone brief this one me. let me at least understand it.
I got a visualizer and hogpc with cue already build. And got loopbe installed incase i can use it to communicate with music play by the pc.

well, anyone please explain..at least let me try it on the pc first then move into hog2.

i know its not easy. gota learn
Parents
  • Sami,
    RE: CD time-> timecode converter.
    Are you trying to create timecode from a CD or read timecode recorded on a CD? The internal CD drive on the WH3 of course will output/generate timecode but it will be relative to that particular CD's start point/playing time not necessarily in synch with a recorded timecode. I was talking to one of the HES guys (sorry, his name escapes me) at LDI last weekend about timecode from CD. As the HogIII doesn't actually read a timecode stripe recorded on CD (i.e. "listen" to the recorded TC) he said a possibility is to create cable for a mini phono jack to XLR and swing it around into a LTC widget or IOP from the headphone jack on the WH3. Thus, you use the internal CD drive to output a timecode signal that has been recorded on a CD. (I haven't done this yet but I intend to.) I don't know if that's what you have in mind but it's an idea. In case you're wondering why you're looping a wire around the front of your console to a widget hooked up in the back, I was told it's because the console family was designed as a network and the idea of playing a CD internally for recorded timecode was seen as less likely than inputting the timecode into one of the network devices (LTC, IOP, etc.) and thus onto the network.
    Hope this helps.
    Dave
    (also, re: MIDI triggers, this thread forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2630 might help, thanks to J. Crimins)
  • Sami,
    RE: CD time-> timecode converter.
    Are you trying to create timecode from a CD or read timecode recorded on a CD? The internal CD drive on the WH3 of course will output/generate timecode but it will be relative to that particular CD's start point/playing time not necessarily in synch with a recorded timecode. I was talking to one of the HES guys (sorry, his name escapes me) at LDI last weekend about timecode from CD. As the HogIII doesn't actually read a timecode stripe recorded on CD (i.e. "listen" to the recorded TC) he said a possibility is to create cable for a mini phono jack to XLR and swing it around into a LTC widget or IOP from the headphone jack on the WH3. Thus, you use the internal CD drive to output a timecode signal that has been recorded on a CD. (I haven't done this yet but I intend to.) I don't know if that's what you have in mind but it's an idea. In case you're wondering why you're looping a wire around the front of your console to a widget hooked up in the back, I was told it's because the console family was designed as a network and the idea of playing a CD internally for recorded timecode was seen as less likely than inputting the timecode into one of the network devices (LTC, IOP, etc.) and thus onto the network.
    Hope this helps.
    Dave
    (also, re: MIDI triggers, this thread forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2630 might help, thanks to J. Crimins)
Children
No Data
Related