Hog 1000 Defult Libary

Hi Guys, WE have a large Stock of the robe colorspot and wash At series and the current version of the software doen't have these fixtures in the libary. We can load the libary off a disc but being that the console lives in a hire department I would like to remove the reliance on floppy discs as much as possible. any thoughts? a few other hire companies were after this as well. Is there a program that we can edit the main libary? so we can remove the fixtures that we wont come into to contact much ect ect.
Parents
  • Mike,

I want to be absolutely CLEAR now.

The Hog 2/500/1000/Echelon/Jands Hog series of consoles will NOT ever receive a different ROM library on board. Using the methods above, it is possible to build a master library that can then be put on disk.

Treat that disk like you would a power cable ('mains cable' in Australia?). Act as if the board would NOT run without that disk. Make sure one of these disks is ALWAYS with the console when it leaves the shop.

If for some reason, this is just...not...possible...

...buy an iPC

--

At some point in the lifespan of any piece of technology, development must stop.

This line of consoles is somewhere between one and two decades old, and was arguably the most popular line of lighting consoles made to date.

We all know that these desks will continue to be used for years to come with great results. That said, I know of a shop in Houston that still has a few Animators...but they don't expect Compulite to add libraries for a DL.2.

I think that there are reasonable expectations to be had in a few related areas.

When you buy a piece of technology like this...
    1) ...you expect the platform to withstand a normal set of physical rigors. These desks have.

2) ...you expect the platform to handle a certain amount of future technologies, not just current ones. This line of consoles is - amazingly - able to handle every DMX controlled device that I know of, including the latest high-channel-count media servers.

3) ...you expect the manufacturer to support the technology for a reasonable 'life-span'. This is where it really gets impressive, as HES is STILL adding value for their users, offering tools like the recently launched library downloader and their new user forums which include areas for these desks. Their support line will still answer calls on this discontinued line, and they will help to ensure that the newest technology can be used with these aging control products. (It's worth noting that Microsoft's standard support lifecycle is a mere 5 years from product introduction for the average user, with a maximum of ten years...if you pay extra)

--

I laid all of this out to make the point that HES is going (and has gone) above and beyond when it comes to supporting these products.

But there is a limit to what is reasonable (and in some cases, possible).

So, I would Encourage you, Mike, to look at how all of these tools can help you keep these desks in rotation, and work on a process for having that library disk available...because it's not only a great option, it's the best option.

...or buy an iPC.

--

Sincerely,

Phil Gilbert
  • Mike,

I want to be absolutely CLEAR now.

The Hog 2/500/1000/Echelon/Jands Hog series of consoles will NOT ever receive a different ROM library on board. Using the methods above, it is possible to build a master library that can then be put on disk.

Treat that disk like you would a power cable ('mains cable' in Australia?). Act as if the board would NOT run without that disk. Make sure one of these disks is ALWAYS with the console when it leaves the shop.

If for some reason, this is just...not...possible...

...buy an iPC

--

At some point in the lifespan of any piece of technology, development must stop.

This line of consoles is somewhere between one and two decades old, and was arguably the most popular line of lighting consoles made to date.

We all know that these desks will continue to be used for years to come with great results. That said, I know of a shop in Houston that still has a few Animators...but they don't expect Compulite to add libraries for a DL.2.

I think that there are reasonable expectations to be had in a few related areas.

When you buy a piece of technology like this...
    1) ...you expect the platform to withstand a normal set of physical rigors. These desks have.

2) ...you expect the platform to handle a certain amount of future technologies, not just current ones. This line of consoles is - amazingly - able to handle every DMX controlled device that I know of, including the latest high-channel-count media servers.

3) ...you expect the manufacturer to support the technology for a reasonable 'life-span'. This is where it really gets impressive, as HES is STILL adding value for their users, offering tools like the recently launched library downloader and their new user forums which include areas for these desks. Their support line will still answer calls on this discontinued line, and they will help to ensure that the newest technology can be used with these aging control products. (It's worth noting that Microsoft's standard support lifecycle is a mere 5 years from product introduction for the average user, with a maximum of ten years...if you pay extra)

--

I laid all of this out to make the point that HES is going (and has gone) above and beyond when it comes to supporting these products.

But there is a limit to what is reasonable (and in some cases, possible).

So, I would Encourage you, Mike, to look at how all of these tools can help you keep these desks in rotation, and work on a process for having that library disk available...because it's not only a great option, it's the best option.

...or buy an iPC.

--

Sincerely,

Phil Gilbert
Children
No Data
Related