HogPC Touchscreens

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever bought touchscreens from outside vendors to run a dual monitor touch screen system with HogPC. Last year I worked on setting up HogPC and an Obsession 600 linked together and controlled by SFX. My department has expressed interest in attempting to make the system better. I figured the WholeHog II used touch screens, so why not HogPC. Has anyone ever tried this or thought about this? If so, any recomendation for touch screen brands. Any issues with driver or system requirements. I'm not as worried about system requirements as my theatre is in the process of upgrading the computer running SFX and HogPC on it. Thanks for everyone's help, I look forward to any responces.
Parents
  • I have 2 LG 15" touchscreens, and 2 LG 17" touchscreens for my hogpc rigg, and i've had the 15"'s for about 2.5years, and the 17"inch's for about a year, and have had no problems at all.. THey've performed very well!! -And they are VERY cheap (atleast compared to the elo's)..

-Most touchscreens today has usb connections for comunicating with the computer(the older ones ususally had rs232).. It basically comes up as a "mouse" in windows, so it works with anything you want in windows..

-If you also wan't to use the touchscreens with the H3, you will have to buy the elo's, becouse they are the only one that works on the H3.(if i remember correctly they are about 4 times the price of the LG's-theres some threads about which elo's are suported on the H3)

Anders
  • I have 2 LG 15" touchscreens, and 2 LG 17" touchscreens for my hogpc rigg, and i've had the 15"'s for about 2.5years, and the 17"inch's for about a year, and have had no problems at all.. THey've performed very well!! -And they are VERY cheap (atleast compared to the elo's)..

-Most touchscreens today has usb connections for comunicating with the computer(the older ones ususally had rs232).. It basically comes up as a "mouse" in windows, so it works with anything you want in windows..

-If you also wan't to use the touchscreens with the H3, you will have to buy the elo's, becouse they are the only one that works on the H3.(if i remember correctly they are about 4 times the price of the LG's-theres some threads about which elo's are suported on the H3)

Anders
Children
No Data
Related