performance/fixtures problems

hello again folks!

Here is the deal i have a rig that i am using which includes 10 mac2k prof., 6 xspots, and 35 lekos. it is for a hotel AV dept. I have been having issues with the movers and the ability to control them. What happens is that i power the rig up and the fixtures home alright but randomly as i lamp them on they will just drop off. I will have no control over themI first thought it was a cable issue so i switched out the dmx. i have the whole system properly terminated so i know that is not it. i have had problems with the console(hog 500) before but i tried clean starting it and also re-installed the software but to no avail.

Scott L.
:rtfm: :hogsign: :rtfm:
Parents
  • Hello Scott, it sounds as if you may have a power problem. Fixtures require more power to strike the lamps than they need to operate after the lamp is struck.
    It could be the extra power needed to strike the lamps is causing problems with the power.
    This is just one possibility from the information given.
    When you say drop off, what do you mean exactly?
    Do the lamps go out?
    If the lamps go out, do you still have control over pan and tilt?

Thanks,
    Mitch
  • Hello Scott, it sounds as if you may have a power problem. Fixtures require more power to strike the lamps than they need to operate after the lamp is struck.
    It could be the extra power needed to strike the lamps is causing problems with the power.
    This is just one possibility from the information given.
    When you say drop off, what do you mean exactly?
    Do the lamps go out?
    If the lamps go out, do you still have control over pan and tilt?

Thanks,
    Mitch
Children
No Data
Related