Complete Beginner Setup Question?

Ok Sorry I am a total Newbie here...I know flame away...haha

Anyway I am trying to setup a widget and programming wing using hog2pc on my computer...and I cant find where to configure the widget and the wing with Hog2pc so I can add my fixtures and start programming...any help would be appreciated...

thanks in advance
Parents
  • Patrick,

I think you have it backwards.

The syntax uses the console's user number first, then the DMX address second.

So, if I have 8 fixtures numbered 1 through 8 and I want to patch them sequentially, starting at DMX address 251, the syntax would be:

1 Thru 8 @ 251 Enter

You shouldn't ever need to know how many DMX channels are used. All you need to specify is the starting address. The Hog will patch all of the fixtures, one after another, with no gaps in the sequence.

Does this make sense?
  • Patrick,

I think you have it backwards.

The syntax uses the console's user number first, then the DMX address second.

So, if I have 8 fixtures numbered 1 through 8 and I want to patch them sequentially, starting at DMX address 251, the syntax would be:

1 Thru 8 @ 251 Enter

You shouldn't ever need to know how many DMX channels are used. All you need to specify is the starting address. The Hog will patch all of the fixtures, one after another, with no gaps in the sequence.

Does this make sense?
Children
No Data
Related