Foot Pedel for hog1000

Hi.
I have a urgent problem, i have a korg FC6 foot controller(midi) i want to use as a trigger for our desk. We checked the input windows on desks and it says the foot controller is sending signal on channel 0(button 1) to channel 5(so c000, c001, c002, c003, c004). does anyone have an idea how i should write the config to so the desk understand how to apply the input signal.
We want the first button to trigger go:1 and second go:2 etc.
we need no more functions then the go triggers.

if someone could help me i would be very greateful

Best Regards Niklas Huke

Sweden
Parents
  • I'm not shure if im understanding correct, when you say that it is sending from channel 0 to 5.. that is very un-common midi practize.. most controllers send on one channel at a time, but on different midi notes, or midi "controll channels".. if your device sends on one channel, but sends noteon values on notenumber 1 to 5, it's easy..
    then you can just change whats in midimap file(in your show folder,you need to take it to a computer, and change the file with a text-editor) to this:
    version = 40
    ; NB: MIDI Note & Controller numbers range from 1 to 128
    go:1 = note:1
    go:2 = note:2
    go:3 = note:3
    go:4 = note:4
    go:5 = note:5
    go:6 = note:6
    go:7 = note:7
    go:8 = note:8

If your device is sending noteon command on same note number, but on different midichannels, it's a bit more complicated, and the hog don't understand that, as it can't differ the noteon values from the different channels.. It is possible though, but it involves a computer between the desk and the midi device, to translate into something hog understands..

-Feel free to email me directly if you need further explanation..
  • I'm not shure if im understanding correct, when you say that it is sending from channel 0 to 5.. that is very un-common midi practize.. most controllers send on one channel at a time, but on different midi notes, or midi "controll channels".. if your device sends on one channel, but sends noteon values on notenumber 1 to 5, it's easy..
    then you can just change whats in midimap file(in your show folder,you need to take it to a computer, and change the file with a text-editor) to this:
    version = 40
    ; NB: MIDI Note & Controller numbers range from 1 to 128
    go:1 = note:1
    go:2 = note:2
    go:3 = note:3
    go:4 = note:4
    go:5 = note:5
    go:6 = note:6
    go:7 = note:7
    go:8 = note:8

If your device is sending noteon command on same note number, but on different midichannels, it's a bit more complicated, and the hog don't understand that, as it can't differ the noteon values from the different channels.. It is possible though, but it involves a computer between the desk and the midi device, to translate into something hog understands..

-Feel free to email me directly if you need further explanation..
Children
No Data
Related