Using a MACBook

Is it possible to run Wholehog 2 on a Macbook?
I recently switch and trying to stay completely away from PC.

Was wondering if there was a way to Download Wholehog 2 and run it on the MAC OS X
Parents
  • [quote=KyleT85]It shouldnt need to see a network to opperate, you should be able to tell it that its a standalone.

H3PC will run just fine as a standalone provided you are using the Loopback Adapter which essentially emulates a network connection. So you need not worry about "getting a virus" from the internet.

I was a H2 user for almost 10 years, personally I've found the H3 platform much easier and even faster to program once you understand it.

There is a learning curve though from H2 to H3 though. Don't expext to just sit down in front of an H3 and be able to go...I've found it takes experienced H2 programmers about an hour to "get" the changes and then they're learning all the cool new advanced features from there.

[quote=KyleT85]2. VERY UNSTABLE it froze every time you did 10 cues.

Really? I've not had such issues. Can you list you system spec? Were you trying to run off a mac?

If you can reliably reproduce the "freeze" then you should report such issues so they can be fixed.

[quote=KyleT85]3. Half of the add ons were not necessary

So I take it you like having to press extra keys to Merge data? Or maybe you prefer the old B&W touch screens that were difficult to calibrate reliably?....I could go on.....

I think the H3 is a HUGE advancement form H2....that's why I bought one, and not an H2 or GrandMA, Virtuoso, Vista, Maxxyz, Avo, or compulite.

[quote=KyleT85]Hog 2 is stable doesnt freeze up, and never crashes

I dunno I've seen some H2s go down ugly.....fortunately we had spares.

Feel free to disagree with me, but I love my H3 and I've toured all over with it and I have yet to have it actually stop a show....:headbang:
  • [quote=KyleT85]It shouldnt need to see a network to opperate, you should be able to tell it that its a standalone.

H3PC will run just fine as a standalone provided you are using the Loopback Adapter which essentially emulates a network connection. So you need not worry about "getting a virus" from the internet.

I was a H2 user for almost 10 years, personally I've found the H3 platform much easier and even faster to program once you understand it.

There is a learning curve though from H2 to H3 though. Don't expext to just sit down in front of an H3 and be able to go...I've found it takes experienced H2 programmers about an hour to "get" the changes and then they're learning all the cool new advanced features from there.

[quote=KyleT85]2. VERY UNSTABLE it froze every time you did 10 cues.

Really? I've not had such issues. Can you list you system spec? Were you trying to run off a mac?

If you can reliably reproduce the "freeze" then you should report such issues so they can be fixed.

[quote=KyleT85]3. Half of the add ons were not necessary

So I take it you like having to press extra keys to Merge data? Or maybe you prefer the old B&W touch screens that were difficult to calibrate reliably?....I could go on.....

I think the H3 is a HUGE advancement form H2....that's why I bought one, and not an H2 or GrandMA, Virtuoso, Vista, Maxxyz, Avo, or compulite.

[quote=KyleT85]Hog 2 is stable doesnt freeze up, and never crashes

I dunno I've seen some H2s go down ugly.....fortunately we had spares.

Feel free to disagree with me, but I love my H3 and I've toured all over with it and I have yet to have it actually stop a show....:headbang:
Children
No Data
Related