Using a MACBook

Is it possible to run Wholehog 2 on a Macbook?
I recently switch and trying to stay completely away from PC.

Was wondering if there was a way to Download Wholehog 2 and run it on the MAC OS X
Parents
  • Kyle,

As I mentioned above, Hog 2PC will not run natively on Mac OS. You would need to run bootcamp or parallels to run Hog 2PC on a Macintosh, and this is not a configuration that we encourage or support. There have been a number of discussions here in the forums about people who have been running this way successfully, so you could certainly search for those threads and see if other users have any tips for you.

I don't think you're going to find much support here for generalizations like "Hog 3 sucks and doesnt work" or "windows is prone to getting a virus just be being turned on".

Many of the regular posters here in the forums are advocates for the Wholehog 3, dedicated users, console owners, and people who pay their bills by programming Wholehogs. I was a Wholehog 3 owner and freelance programmer before working for HES and I've programmed many large shows (16+ universes) with great results on the Wholehog 3. I also see that it gets faster, more stable, and more feature-rich with each release.

If you have any interest in discussing any specific issues that you may have had with Wholehog 3 or talking about how we're working to make it better and who's out on the road using it now, please feel free to contact me directly. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks.
  • Kyle,

As I mentioned above, Hog 2PC will not run natively on Mac OS. You would need to run bootcamp or parallels to run Hog 2PC on a Macintosh, and this is not a configuration that we encourage or support. There have been a number of discussions here in the forums about people who have been running this way successfully, so you could certainly search for those threads and see if other users have any tips for you.

I don't think you're going to find much support here for generalizations like "Hog 3 sucks and doesnt work" or "windows is prone to getting a virus just be being turned on".

Many of the regular posters here in the forums are advocates for the Wholehog 3, dedicated users, console owners, and people who pay their bills by programming Wholehogs. I was a Wholehog 3 owner and freelance programmer before working for HES and I've programmed many large shows (16+ universes) with great results on the Wholehog 3. I also see that it gets faster, more stable, and more feature-rich with each release.

If you have any interest in discussing any specific issues that you may have had with Wholehog 3 or talking about how we're working to make it better and who's out on the road using it now, please feel free to contact me directly. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related