Using multiple cue lists

Hi folks:

I made it through the first week of using my new hog2pc (soon to be hog3pc). I am learning a LOT and doing it very fast, but i do have one question.

How does one (in a production environment) make use of multiple quelists on multiple faders?

I know how to record to them, but transitioning between them and the myrid other details of running a show a bit escapes me -- I can see having chases on them and fade up or down the chase when i want it, that part makes sense. but im coming from a strand GSX and im a bit lost on this point

thanks

TIM
Parents
  • Tom:

Yes, I am noticing that quite a bit - - Things are comming together and I'm learning fast. Tomorrow night is the awards show, so i Gelled my wall washers (primary red, yellow, green and blue - the colors our kids club uses) and I have constructed a couple chases (one that builds outward evenly across the wall then resets, and then the other one that builds out and then falls back) I am going to also program a couple more tomorrow (hopefully) using the front rack and chandaliers.

The explaination you gave me make sense, I think, but i have a couple questions

1. you mentioned the basic set of stage looks -- should i put that at the high end of the faders, or start with fader 1?

2. if i have one of the chases running on a handle, should i just leave it runing and pull the handle down? or start and stop it each time?

Thanks a bunch --

TIM
  • Tom:

Yes, I am noticing that quite a bit - - Things are comming together and I'm learning fast. Tomorrow night is the awards show, so i Gelled my wall washers (primary red, yellow, green and blue - the colors our kids club uses) and I have constructed a couple chases (one that builds outward evenly across the wall then resets, and then the other one that builds out and then falls back) I am going to also program a couple more tomorrow (hopefully) using the front rack and chandaliers.

The explaination you gave me make sense, I think, but i have a couple questions

1. you mentioned the basic set of stage looks -- should i put that at the high end of the faders, or start with fader 1?

2. if i have one of the chases running on a handle, should i just leave it runing and pull the handle down? or start and stop it each time?

Thanks a bunch --

TIM
Children
No Data
Related