Tracking -- GRRRR

Tonight must be my night for questions

im sitting here programming my board for services tomorrow, and im getting bit by tracking problems. If everything stays in order i wont have any problems, but if for some reason i have to skip a cue, things tend to get ugly -- what is the appropriate solution?

TIM
Parents
  • well -- prehaps im seeing things (its def possible) but it seems like sometimes i use the goto and cue number and it seems like things dont end up in the state i expect -- i only have desk channels -- we are still designing the moving light rig, so all im controling is intensity. For example, things that are supposed to be on -- dont seem to be or are at the wrong intensity. This could be operator error rather than actually being in the wrong state. It may also be the result of copying cues from place to place -- I keep my "stock" cues in a list (on fader 8) from which i copy them into the proper order for the service and then run them -- What i am seeing may be the result of this process rather than my skipping around in the cuelist.

prehaps im attacking programming incorrectly - basically i do this --

i keep a show stored on my hard drive called BASE SHOW -- its got my patch, groups, and my "Stock" cue list and a linked cue list that is timed out to our opening video segment. When i get ready to program the services for sunday, I open the base show, and immediatly re-save it in a different folder (given the days date - for example tomorrows folder is called 04-22-2007)

The next step is to copy the cuelist for the video to my running master (master 1)

then, i start copying cues out of master 8 (my stock cues) into the running master(s) (if the two services are different, i set each service on a master and transition between them inbetween services.

Once i get all the cues in the proper order, i run through it, adjusting timings etc and finally run it a few times to make sure it all looks right.

If this is wrong or bad or less than optimal, please let me know and get me on the right track.

In addition, id like to start scripting cue series (or other methods) for various songs that we do (this will be more so when we get our moving lights and LED fixtures).

when I have programmed our big shows in the past (on my GSX) i have just programmed all this in the cue stack and run it that way, but i want to find the BEST or HOG way to do it so i can make our services look totally AWESOME!

thansk for all the help and input

TIM
  • well -- prehaps im seeing things (its def possible) but it seems like sometimes i use the goto and cue number and it seems like things dont end up in the state i expect -- i only have desk channels -- we are still designing the moving light rig, so all im controling is intensity. For example, things that are supposed to be on -- dont seem to be or are at the wrong intensity. This could be operator error rather than actually being in the wrong state. It may also be the result of copying cues from place to place -- I keep my "stock" cues in a list (on fader 8) from which i copy them into the proper order for the service and then run them -- What i am seeing may be the result of this process rather than my skipping around in the cuelist.

prehaps im attacking programming incorrectly - basically i do this --

i keep a show stored on my hard drive called BASE SHOW -- its got my patch, groups, and my "Stock" cue list and a linked cue list that is timed out to our opening video segment. When i get ready to program the services for sunday, I open the base show, and immediatly re-save it in a different folder (given the days date - for example tomorrows folder is called 04-22-2007)

The next step is to copy the cuelist for the video to my running master (master 1)

then, i start copying cues out of master 8 (my stock cues) into the running master(s) (if the two services are different, i set each service on a master and transition between them inbetween services.

Once i get all the cues in the proper order, i run through it, adjusting timings etc and finally run it a few times to make sure it all looks right.

If this is wrong or bad or less than optimal, please let me know and get me on the right track.

In addition, id like to start scripting cue series (or other methods) for various songs that we do (this will be more so when we get our moving lights and LED fixtures).

when I have programmed our big shows in the past (on my GSX) i have just programmed all this in the cue stack and run it that way, but i want to find the BEST or HOG way to do it so i can make our services look totally AWESOME!

thansk for all the help and input

TIM
Children
No Data
Related