"Scenes" (manuals) in Hog 2

Hi folks - -another thing cropped up during the service today. I needed to be able to adjust a couple of lights during the course of the service -- my solution is to create a couple of single cue cue lists and put them on some of the handles -- in so doing, i can essentially use them as manual faders (i have them set for +GO when off zero) What I am wondering is, is this the best, correct or hog way of doing things or is there a better way, and also -- if it is right, are there other settings that i need to have set in the cuelist options ?

Thanks so much for all the input -- im learning a lot and things are going well.

Tim
Parents
  • Tim,

Chris is correct that HTP faders will probably be easier to work with if you're dealing with cuelists that only have intensity information. In this case, you don't need to worry about whether the list is playing or released.

Keep in mind, though, that HTP only applies to intensity parameters. If you move the fader up on an HTP fader that is not playing, it will bring up the intensity levels, but will not play the cue. If you want to be able to manually fade in and out of looks, you'll need to write them with manual crossfaders.
  • Tim,

Chris is correct that HTP faders will probably be easier to work with if you're dealing with cuelists that only have intensity information. In this case, you don't need to worry about whether the list is playing or released.

Keep in mind, though, that HTP only applies to intensity parameters. If you move the fader up on an HTP fader that is not playing, it will bring up the intensity levels, but will not play the cue. If you want to be able to manually fade in and out of looks, you'll need to write them with manual crossfaders.
Children
No Data
Related