Sudden dropouts

Hopefully this will be my last question for the day :)

Today (and several times over the last couple weeks) we have noticed that the lights will suddenly blink out then back on for a split second without anyone touching the board. This has always occured when there is nothing going on with the board at all -- no cross fades or anything -- today i had not touched the board in probably 5 minutes and i was sitting there so i know no one else touched it -- the computer did not reset or anything - -im wondering if it is a power fluxuation in the Widget or mains power or what might be the problem

any suggestions or trobleshooting input is most welcome

TIM
Parents
  • OK, but if it is your Grand Master that is on its way out, then you would be seeing your whole rig "drop out" like that.

Another thing to check is to be sure ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE is running on your PC...remove all other programs that are not essential to your OS. Don't forget to kill things like screensavers, Norton, McAfee, Quicktime, iTunes, etc, etc. Windows likes to run things in the background on you at strange times and these can steal away resources needed to run things like Hog-PC. Make your computer dedicated to running ONLY Hog-PC if you plan on using it in a show environment.
  • OK, but if it is your Grand Master that is on its way out, then you would be seeing your whole rig "drop out" like that.

Another thing to check is to be sure ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE is running on your PC...remove all other programs that are not essential to your OS. Don't forget to kill things like screensavers, Norton, McAfee, Quicktime, iTunes, etc, etc. Windows likes to run things in the background on you at strange times and these can steal away resources needed to run things like Hog-PC. Make your computer dedicated to running ONLY Hog-PC if you plan on using it in a show environment.
Children
No Data
Related