Sudden dropouts

Hopefully this will be my last question for the day :)

Today (and several times over the last couple weeks) we have noticed that the lights will suddenly blink out then back on for a split second without anyone touching the board. This has always occured when there is nothing going on with the board at all -- no cross fades or anything -- today i had not touched the board in probably 5 minutes and i was sitting there so i know no one else touched it -- the computer did not reset or anything - -im wondering if it is a power fluxuation in the Widget or mains power or what might be the problem

any suggestions or trobleshooting input is most welcome

TIM
Parents
  • Tim,

No it wouldn't need to be moving for this to happen if the fader is staring to fail due to an intermittent connection inside the fader. The other thing that could cause a fader to "jump" like this is severe vibrations from loud PA systems, pipe organs, whatever.

A completely different problem could be improper DMX termination causing a ground loop, but you probably would be seeing other problems if this was the case.

Easiest thing to start with is disconnecting the playback wing and seeing if the issue persists.
  • Tim,

No it wouldn't need to be moving for this to happen if the fader is staring to fail due to an intermittent connection inside the fader. The other thing that could cause a fader to "jump" like this is severe vibrations from loud PA systems, pipe organs, whatever.

A completely different problem could be improper DMX termination causing a ground loop, but you probably would be seeing other problems if this was the case.

Easiest thing to start with is disconnecting the playback wing and seeing if the issue persists.
Children
No Data
Related