Elation Focus spot 250 doesnot dim with master fader

I have a hog 1K and am using 8 focus spot 250's and when they go to default position the stay on all the time. The master dimmer doesn't effect them at all. I suspect that this is do to the profile being LTP. this is the way the profile is written. The dimming is in the strobe channel. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I'm doing Michael Franti and Spearhead at a 5000 seat venue this weekend and would like to fix it before friday.

parameter = Strobe
default = 255
highlight = 255
crossfade = 0
type = ltp8bit
range = 192, 223, Random, noauto
range = 128, 159, Pulse, noauto
range = 0, Closed
range = 255, Open
range = 32, 63, dimmer, noauto
range = 64, 95, Strobe, noauto

www.elationlighting.com/pdffiles/focus-spot-250r.pdf

thanks John Swan
smartlites eugene oregon:1zhelp:
  • If you want them to go "Black" with the GM, then you need to change the profile to HTP for that parameter.:) You will probably see all kinds of weird things happen when you do this though as the fader passes through the Strobe values on the way to Zero.

I pity you for having to work with such gear.....Strobe and Dimmer should NEVER EVER be on the same channel (balme ELATION in this case)....when fixture manufacturers do this it makes me want to :chairshot: every single one of the lights!!
  • John,

Marty is absolutely correct. The problem that you're battling is caused by the fact that you have an HTP parameter (intensity) and a LTP parameter (strobe) on the same control channel. Unfortunately, this most likely means that you'll have to pick the lesser of two evils, as both HTP and LTP are likely to give you some unexpected results with this fixture.

Feel free to let us know what problems you run into and we'll be glad to help you try to work through them.

I generally try to avoid sounding like a salesperson, but you should definitely be aware that problems like this don't happen with the Wholehog 3. Because of our generic, abstracted fixture model, we are able to hide problems like this from users and display and control parameters in a much more logical way, even when working with illogical control protocols like this. There are still some issues (like not being able to dim the fixture while it's strobing because strobe and intensity are on the same channel), but even with a single channel for both parameters, the Wholehog 3 is able to treat intensity as HTP and strobe as LTP.

Thanks.
Related