Widgets drop off and stop working with in 5 mins of starting up

System:
Lenovo N100 Laptop w/XP home SP2
Console: Hog2PC v3.4.3.123
Widgets: Hog3PC DMXWidget ID-2889, Hog3PC DMXWidget ID-3439

I have a repeated problem where I open/load a show. Be running simple deskcan commands to set my lights, and if I leave the laptop sitting for more than 5 mins, The widgets lock up leaving only the TXmode and Link LED's on
I also get a red dot next to the widget number in the desktop menu bar.

It seems like the widgets are locking up and no longer taking input from the laptop. I am forced to restart the console, and its not untill I click new/load show. does the widget finaly rest.

Any suggestions?
Parents
  • humm. Intresting view point.
    As for Power Options. I have found nothing in windows power,or any other settings applying to USB power. To answer a future question. all my power settings are set to never turn off. My power settings are set no to turn off. go on stand by. Nor do I have any sort of screen saver that activates.

If I get the chance tonight, Ill look into self powered usb hub. Granted, here at my shop, I don't have the same setup as the common venue I am at, but it's worth a shot.

Also you have brought up a good point about power. Since the dmx widget is powering off of the laptop only. And I know for a fact that the DMX jack I plug into on site to service the light truss is located on stage right, sending across a cable line at least 200' away from the booth where the DMX IsoSplitter Is located. I'm sure a cause coudl be that the signal takes to long to respond, along with the distance travled causing the signal power to die off locking up the widget. I guess I wil have to use a DMX Iso inline right after the widget and before the stage right wall jack.

If I plug a Hog500/1000 into that same stage right DMX jack. I do not have any issue. Then again, I would take a stab that a physical console's DMX amprage output is much higher/stronger compaired to a USB DMX Widget.
  • humm. Intresting view point.
    As for Power Options. I have found nothing in windows power,or any other settings applying to USB power. To answer a future question. all my power settings are set to never turn off. My power settings are set no to turn off. go on stand by. Nor do I have any sort of screen saver that activates.

If I get the chance tonight, Ill look into self powered usb hub. Granted, here at my shop, I don't have the same setup as the common venue I am at, but it's worth a shot.

Also you have brought up a good point about power. Since the dmx widget is powering off of the laptop only. And I know for a fact that the DMX jack I plug into on site to service the light truss is located on stage right, sending across a cable line at least 200' away from the booth where the DMX IsoSplitter Is located. I'm sure a cause coudl be that the signal takes to long to respond, along with the distance travled causing the signal power to die off locking up the widget. I guess I wil have to use a DMX Iso inline right after the widget and before the stage right wall jack.

If I plug a Hog500/1000 into that same stage right DMX jack. I do not have any issue. Then again, I would take a stab that a physical console's DMX amprage output is much higher/stronger compaired to a USB DMX Widget.
Children
No Data
Related